...is an installation I've made at the Trélex Residency in Switzerland (March-April 2012).
This small house is located at the end of the garden of the house I was staying in. I was immediately drawn to it once I saw it. It's a claustrophobic and haunting place. As my work tends to focus on notions of domesticity and feelings of possession and despair this seemed the ideal place to work in.
All the sculptures are made with materials and objects I found around Trélex.
I tried to turn the little house into a space where captivity, obsession, rage and resignation have an equal presence. However it still holds the potential of being humorous, funny and moving.
The back
You can stick those pins on that voodoo doll
Acrylic paint, tape and other materials on paper
181x85cm
The Sorceress
Pine cone, cardboard, plastic and other materials
37x18x8cm
THE SCULPTURES
The Doll
Tape, plastic and other materials
22x17x11cm
The little girl
Wood, tape and other materials
16x10x9cm
The Child
Paper, plastic, wood and other materials
26x12x14cm
The Slender Witch
wood, leaves and other materials
32x8x8cm
The Goddess
Wood, cardboard, plastic and other materials
28x25x16cm
Heads
Tape, plastic and other materials
The Bride
plastic, fabric, paper and other materials
145x48x32cm
The Old Sorceress
Wood, cardboard and other materials
16x6x5cm
The Dragon
wood, cardboard, plastic and other materials
26x16x14cm
Wood, plastic and other materials
21x20x11cm
The two headed Sorcerer
Wood, cardboard, plastic and other materials
38x11cm
The Man
Plastic, wood and other materials
114x48x80cm (w.chair)
The Voodoo Doll
Tape, wood, rubber and other materials
17x16x9cm
My Country
Wood, acrylic paint, marker and tape on canvas
93x91.5cm
93x91.5cm
("My Country" is a painting I've made with pieces of bark I found in the garden. It was originally meant to go inside the little house but I didn't include it in the end.)